Thursday, April 10, 2014

Tuesday - first day at M-A!

Hi everyone!

Tuesday was our first day at M-A(Menlo-Atherton High School). I got up at 6:30, because I couldn't sleep anymore. Maybe because of jetlag, I don't know, it hasn't really bothered me that much in general. Anyway, as I was in the bathroom, Simba came in and started meowing. Apparently, he can open the door on his own. When I got out of the shower and went back into the bedroom, Sasha was lying on the bed. It was pretty snuggly, that they were there and they really made me feel like a part of the family, the way they were following me everywhere. So, for breakfast I had some cereal(they had like 5 different kinds, so I just mixed two, which looked pretty good), and Jennifer made me some salad, I could bring for lunch. I drove with Natalie and Rachel to the school. It seemed pretty weird, that Natalie had a driver's license and basically her own car, since the other children weren't old enough to have a driver's license, and Jennifer and John also had a car each. In America I  think it's pretty normal for kids to get their own car, when they get their driver's license, which for some is already at 16. At least most of the students seemed to drive to school themselves(or drive with older siblings).
In the first period, Natalie had a test, so I had to go with Caroline and Bjørg to another class. Actually, they had some sort of test too, so it didn't make that big a difference, and I sat there doing nothing almost the whole class. The next periods were sort of similar, where the students were sitting and doing something on their own, or just talking to the other students. I didn't really have that much to do, so I sat there pretty much all day doing not that much. I think it is weird how Natalie used 3 or 4 hours the night before doing her homework, and then they don't really do anything in some of the classes. It seems like such a waste of time to me, but I didn't really get a chance to discuss that with her. When we got home, I sat in the kitchen and wrote my blog, while Natalie was doing her homework. She also made a "Tumblr" for me, because she uses Tumblr instead of Facebook. But seriously, I wrote in my blog for hours. For dinner, her mother made salmon and shrimps with rice and broccoli. It was really nice to finally get some 'proper' food. Also, I thought Americans almost never made their own food(and weren't that good at it, if they tried). Myth busted completely! After dinner, I went with Natalie and Rachel to get some ice cream. We also brought Luna, so she could get a walk. I ordered the same ice cream as Natalie, which was a chocolate fudge ice cream with jelly beans on top. Yummy. When we went home again, I found Sasha in my bed, and I sat next to her and petted her for a while. At some point I fell asleep, and when I woke up a couple of hours later, Jennifer had turn the lights off in the room. She said it looked pretty cute, when I was lying in the bed with Sasha next to my face. I can imagine. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of that. It was a good day though.

- Sofie

No comments:

Post a Comment